A couple of weeks ago, the Bowers, Thomasons and the Santiagos headed south on 85 for a weekend of food, fun and fellowship at Turner Field. I myself have to admit that I, even Luke and Jude, am/are not much of a follower(s) of major league baseball. However, by the end of day two... Jason Heyward is mine and Luke's man and Jude is pulling for Chipper. Too bad he is out for the rest of the season. Jude will more than likely be jumping ship on 'Team Heyward' before it's all over. Nevertheless, it was a lot of fun.
In addition to the fun to be had at Turner Field, we traveled right through Gafney, SC and Commerce, GA...both of which have nice Tanger outlets... AND it was tax free weekend! WooHoo!
Plus, while at the field, Gary Walker and his family ended up sitting right behind us. He played at Auburn while I was there and we knew many of the same people. Nice to go back in time with him for awhile.
That's what summers are all about, right... reconnecting with ole friends and making new memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment