
Okay. Today, as I was continuing to do a little research on David's family history, I stumble across an amazing fact. Or fiction. It still is to be determined. Nevertheless, the story is very interesting. David's maternal family name, Speigner, has been traced to John George Speigner who reached the shorelines of South Carolina in 1753. He along with his wife and six children homesteaded in South Carolina and later moved to Alabama. But the story doesn't stop here... it only gets better.
Through my research I have come across Adolphus Fletcher Spigner, III. He is the president of the Speigner/Spigner geneology family info. I hit the jackpot when I contacted him. Charlamagne is his 38th grandfather! For real! And we are, well he and David, are blood cousins. He is currently living in Columbia, SC and has over 8500 Speigner ancestors on file along with over 4000 photos on file.
A trip to South Carolina looks to be in the future!
No comments:
Post a Comment