21 February 2012

Paint and Panels ~

Nothing says 'New Room' better than a little paint on the walls.  This I can do.  I don't always get the right color choices, but since I don't mind painting, I can always paint over it, right?!?!  So when we moved in and I had an 'official' sunroom, well I went for it.  I saw bright and bold on the walls with softer colors in my fabric choices.  I could tell when I started that David had other ideas (but he managed to quietly keep them to himself).  
 
Sewing panels, however, is another story.  I have a sewing machine and I have sewn before... but BIG jobs like these are left for dear ole mom.  She is planning to sew a total of seven panels, with 4" hem, 2" return on each side and have them line up when pulled together, grommets... the whole 9 yards (no pun intended!)  And might I add that she is AMAZING!  Not only is she an excellent semstress, she is also super particular.  My mother hails from the school of 'if it's worth doing, it's worth doing RIGHT!'.  And on projects like these, she gets it right.  Her timing, however, is another subject and we won't discuss that here :). 
The window seat cushions will be an added bonus.  She had covered some before at another house, but the foam was only an inch thick (the window seal was one inch from the top of the window seat).  This window seal allowed for a much chunkier cushion, so I now will have chunkier window seats!  These will be 4" thick with cording...


I think she and I make a pretty good team.  I only wish I had paid closer attention when I was younger...

Stay tuned for final reveal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment