Well... I am back in blog land and am hoping to renew my desire to post at least once a month. We'll see! For now, I'll catch you up thus far...
MAY started out with Jude wondering why David said such long prayers :) and ended up with a voice and musical recital for Bowers Academy. Holly Hauser was a junior and attended our church. We made plans for her to come over every Friday to teach Luke and Jude voice and music. It was a wonderful experience and our family grew to love Holly even more than we already had (her family too!)... At the end of the school year, she had planned for Luke and Jude to have to opportunity to perform and showcase some of their talents from what they had learned... thus the birth of our recital. The support of mine and David's decision to homeschool Luke and Jude and provide this opportunity was evident in the attendance at the recital. Thanks again to all of you who were there ~
| Thanks Holly for such a fun year!!! |
JUNE brought the end to a fabulous baseball run for both Luke and Jude at Southwest Forsyth Little League...
| Jude sporting his BMX gloves :) |
JULY brought lots of playtime at the swimming pool...
AUGUST brought at trip to the North Carolinian coast, Nags Head, and a little pirate fun...
| Luke, Jude and Ty climbing the sand dunes... the largest on the East Coast! |
| Watching the hang gliders practice and teach... |
SEPTEMBER brought a little break in the action... boys were back in school and I was staging a house to be sold (no pics necessary!)
OCTOBER brought the introduction of Michael Jackson and the Joker...
| After a trip to GW Boutique and a little alterations... may I present to you, the JOKER! |
NOVEMBER brought another birthday for Luke...
| BIG 11!!! |
| Laser Tag at Kersey Valley, NC |
We also took in one more Panters game so Jude could see Cam Newton play...(David, please stop calling him SCAM Newton!
| Luke... I thought you pulled for UofA? A mother's influence never stops :) |
DECEMBER brought another year for me and David on our journey together, a birthday for Estefania, another visit from Santa and... a move to Indiana...
| Happy 13th! I love you ~ |
| Thanks girls for making this a special day ~ |
| Luke reading a letter left by Santa... we are so incredibly blessed ~ |
No pictures of our last days in North Carolina... too emotionally draining. We were all sad to leave the friends that we had come to love so much, but we all were anticipating the new adventure that we were about to endure.
And here we are in January. A new city, new state, new home, new school, new jobs, new church family...
New Beginnings...
We had prepared the boys to commit to being happy regardless of what happened. Our first three months in Clemmons, North Carolina, three years ago, was a little rough for some of us and the memories are still there. We knew what not to do, which was to expect that things would be perfect. However, we made a commitment that no matter what our neighborhood was like, how our school was and whether or not there were playmates at church... that we are safe, we are healthy, and we are a family traveling on this journey together... And that's what is most important.
We are together again with...
~ NEW BEGINNINGS ~
Beautiful..you do such a wonderful job....love you and your family....
ReplyDeleteThanks Penny... It has been awhile since I last posted, but much has happened over these last few months. Thanks for reading ~ Love you too ...
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are back in bloggy land! I've missed you! Excited for your family's new beginnings and I hope it is the start of a fabulous time in Indiana.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Tell David I call Cam that too...
Tara ~ I'm back! So far, so great! With very little expectations (purposely planned that way)... everything has been a blessing. I am even finding joys in this weather... albeit small, I am looking for the positive!
ReplyDeleteI'll make sure David gets the memo...
Miss you too ~