31 January 2012

Beginning to Look A Lot Like Home...

We moved in on a cold, rainy, Friday afternoon in late December...the 29th of December to be exact.  After prepping the house for unloading and bringing in the 'last on - first off' loads, the movers headed home, ready to be back at 7:00 am the next morning. 
Since then, I have been working like a little Trojan to try and get things somewhat settled.  For many reasons, but mostly because I want life back to 'normal' as soon as possible.  I want my mom and dad to see our new homestead and be proud of what we have done when they arrive in a few days.  Also, 'everything has a place' is one of my most famously used quotes around here when discussing Luke and Jude's stuff!  If I can't give them that place, then they are left to do what is natural and just leave it on the floor.  So... let's get this done already!  All of this is without paint (for obvious reasons), but that will be tackled soon ~
Anyways, here is our kitchen...
Our eat-in-kitchen...


Our family room...
Our sunroom...

We LOVE the water ~

Our planning center...

Notice anything Heidi???
The entry way...
The main level library...

This is basically the mail level of our home.  The basement and the upper bedroom level is still a work in progress.  But at least...
it is starting to look a lot like home ~

2 comments:

  1. Hello Julie! Your new home is lovely! Wyoming is a beautiful state. I was so excited to see your blog. Since I retired I enjoy reading blogs. I have not gotten brave enough to post one. Please come and see me when you are back in Alabama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sharon ~ We live in Indiana! The side pictures are places where David and I have lived or visited throughout our married lives. We stayed at a bed-n-breakfast in Jackson Hole, WY... and it was beautiful!
    I will take you up on the invitation next time we come home... Great hearing from you ~

    ReplyDelete