01 January 2011

A White Christmas!

We had snow here in Clemmons last year on Christmas, but it was snow that had already fallen.  The last time I remember having a true 'white Christmas' was in 2002 when we were living in Herndon, VA... so this was a special treat.
What a lazy day it was too.  The boys had opened all their presents, along with David and I, and had already begun assembling their 'inside' toys and simply enjoying the relaxation of what this day typically brings.  Snow was predicted, but as of 9:30 am... there was none. 
'Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow'
Then it started.  A light dusting yet still rather warm (I thought) for it to lay...but it was steadily falling and it was beautiful.  A perfect scenery for a Christmas morn. 

The pork tenderloin was rubbed and marinating in the refrigerator and the lunch hour had passed without any hungry tummies to feed.  This was due in part to the boys being full from their 'Star Wars' pancakes (a little gift I was all too excited to give them... molds of all the ships). 
So when then snow had fallen enough for play, out they went. 
Snow boots, pants, bibs, gloves, jackets, beanies and sleds oh my!!!  I didn't get this much snow growing up in Alabama... and David even less.  But the last two winters here in North Carolina have provided lots of fun in the snow.  And I love it.  Regardless of the snow that is tracked in and the constant shaking and hanging up of jackets and pants and boots, etc.,  I love to see those little rosey cheeks come running to the door with one simple statement and one little request,
 'I'm cold... may I have some hot cocoa?'
So in they come to thaw and warm, play a few games, eat a little late Christmas lunch and patiently wait for our company traveling in from south Alabama. 

Christmas, family, friends and SNOW... what more could one want!?

1 comment:

  1. I can honestly say I have never had a white Christmas. But these pictures make me long for one. Looks like a lot of fun and I'm sure your South Alabama guests LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete